Last night was DS's first ever Pinewood Derby. He placed first in two heats, and third in the other two. But he had a blast and his car was really cool. DS and DH worked hard on it, and it was a good father-son experience for them.
Before the Derby, I also finished one sock! My first sock ever!
I know I said I was gonna do the 2-on-1 method, but I had a brain fart and got my circulars at Wally World. The only circs they had in the store. I thought the package said 5 and I didn't read the length. Well, it was 5 mm, which is a size 8 for those of us who don't understand why American measurement can't be like the rest of the world. So the needles were too big and too short for what I had envisioned, so I made do. I did one sock at a time and scaled down the pattern. And instead of these being regular socks, they're now more like slipper socks. Here's my progress.
And these two are Friday evening.
I'm now on sock two, which I can hopefully get done no later than tomorrow morning so I have time to wash the acrylic to soften it. Comment and let me know what you think.