Monday, March 1, 2010

Warm and Fuzzy

Once again, I have missed a week. But I have a good excuse. I have started seaming the sweater.

As you can see, I've got one shoulder seamed as per the directions, and I've started the collar. BIL is starting to get jealous, cuz SIL has been working on his scarf  since last fall. But all my in-laws love how the sweater is coming out. I think BIL has been dropping subtle hints for a sweater of his own, but he isn't known for his subtlety, so I may be reading too much into this. But I told him I would make him a black and gold hat for his beloved Steelers. Depending on how finances and time goes, I may make him a matching sweater. His birthday is the end of November, so I have plenty of time.

Also, I've started a group on Ravelry for our local knitting group. Besides people I know personally, I've had three people join the group online. Unfortunately, I have yet to hear back from the library. Later on today, I'll give them a call and see if we can start this Sunday. Plus, I think SIL could use some socializing with others in a free setting. I know I definitely could.

It's been kinda fun reclaiming the power of motherhood. I'm not saying anything bad about any other parenting styles, but there is definitely something empowering about being a SAHM. I know my kids better than my parents knew me and my brother growing up. DH, the kids, and I went to the mall on Thursday. The mall has a setup where you can text a song and it gets played over the PA system. I picked the song and told DS I had picked his favorite song from the list and to guess which one it was. He got it on the first guess. That made me feel soooooo good as a mom. And then later on that night DS said "Mom, your knitting is magical." Tons of warm and fuzzies on that one. And instead of having DD in daycare and hearing second-hand what she did, I get to see her jabber at her toys and try to figure out how stuff works. And she is fascinated by my hands moving as I knit.
Even though I hate to clean, I love cooking and helping DS with his homework and talking with DH about his day at work and just having the time to be there for my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment