Thursday, November 28, 2013

Why I revamped my blog

Like all my previous attempts at blogging, this one quickly went downhill. I started this in 2010, with an aim to get my thoughts out of my head where they were driving me crazy. It was mostly about knitting, my new hobby, and I think that's a major reason why I let it slide. It gets hard to write about knitting all the time. I don't know how Pam Mackenzie does it. I needed to find something that worked for me, and the blog sat inactive until I could find a solution.

A huge thanks to Autumn Oak. She's in my local knit group and she recently redid her own blog. If you have time, please check it out. I like how she just simplified everything into basic categories. As I was reading through her newer posts, I kept thinking of the six questions we were taught in school: who, what, where, when, why, and how. So I have decided to write my blog along those lines. Each day will address a different question. Gone are the umpteen labels to try to get everything categorized, and here is inspiration for every post.

I also discovered I have to write several posts at once, or when inspiration strikes me, as opposed to trying to write once a day every single day. And Blogger has this cool feature where I can schedule my posts to publish on a certain day, so I don't have to remember to come back and log in to get that day's post up. In fact this is my second post I've written tonight, and I'm not telling which one I wrote earlier. ;-)

As I am just starting on this new format, I can't promise 6 posts every week right away. It may not even be 6 post a week ever. But I hope to have at least one or two a week. And please feel free to let me know if I'm writing too may posts on one question.

Thanks for coming. Thank you more for coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment