Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

2010 is finally here. I've been waiting for tis year all my life, as I hit the next big milestone of turning thirty. But for now I'm still 29.95

I've started blogs before, but never got past the second or third post. So first resolution: Post to my blog at least once a week. Between managing the lives of DH, DS, and DD, as well as trying to keep my own sanity intact, I can't commit to any more than that.

Second resolution: be a good housewife. Yes, I know it's unusual, but let me give you a little background. My mother and her mother (Nana) (who both live in NJ) worked outside of the home, and both were surprised with my decision to quit my job the summer of 2006 and become a SAHM. My dad's mother stayed home to raise her four kids, but she lives in VA and only has happy things to say to me. But that's another rant for another day.
Anywho... my mother not being domestically inclined and me not having a lot of SAHM role models growing up or now, being a housewife is a trial by fire. Trying to keep on top of laundry, cleaning, homework, appointments, cooking, and taking care of myself is very overwhelming, even at the best of times. DH, who's mom stayed home with him til 3rd grade, is appreciative, helpful, and uncomplaining as long as he has clean underwear.

Third resolution: get out more. I am what my Nana calls a Social Butterfly. I love meeting new people and doing new things and just being social. I just can't seem to find the time to do that anymore. I used to sing karaoke every Friday night with the guys from Mobile Music, but besides being tired as hell when 9pm rolls around, it's just not as fun as it used to be. So I need new stuff to do. When the weather's warm I want to take DD for walks in her stroller. I want to start a knitting group here in Deer Brook, or at least at the local library. And I need to spend more time with DD's godparents, who are wonderful people who put up with me taking forever to return phone calls.

Final resolution: keep up the good work. I quit smoking for DD, I've lost forty pounds over the last two years, and I finally got the filing under some semblance of control. I can't let things go back the way they were. I just gotta put one foot in front of the other, and hope that I don't wobble too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment